e-money is a type of payment instrument where it contains monetary value that has been paid in advance by the end-user.
With e-money, end-users can purchase goods and services from merchants. When users pay using e-money, the amount will be automatically deducted from their e-money balance. E-money comes in different forms and can be broadly categorised as card-based and network-based, which are currently accessible via the internet and mobile phones.
Below are the list of approved and licensed e-money issuers
- Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad
- AmBank (M) Berhad
- Bank of China (M) Berhad
- CIMB Bank Berhad
- Citibank Bank Berhad
- Malayan Banking Berhad
- RHB Bank Berhad
- AEON Credit Services (M) Berhad
- Bandar Utama City Centre Sdn. Bhd.
- Celcom Multimedia (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Chevron Malaysia Limited
- Com2U Sdn. Bhd.
- Digi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd.
- Maxis Mobile Services Sdn. Bhd.
- Mobile Money International Sdn. Bhd.
- MAA Cards Sdn Bhd
- MOL Access Portal Berhad
- MRuncit Commerce Sdn. Bhd.
- PayPal Pte. Ltd.
- Raffcomm Sdn. Bhd.
- Silverlake Global Payments Sdn. Bhd.
- Touch ‘n Go Sdn. Bhd.
- Tune Money Sdn. Bhd.
- Webonline Dot Com Sdn. Bhd.
- Merchantrade Asia Sdn Bhd